pinterest-dd591.htm Oak Creek Academy: The Week Ahead

Monday, September 7, 2009

The Week Ahead

I'm going to start off with a side note in the form of a question: Am I getting in a rut or starting a series with the title "The Week Ahead"?

We're off to another school week, tomorrow. Today was our first holiday of the school year. It was my desire, for this school year, to incorporate some days off that my husband has from work. In all honesty, it's not to difficult when most of the office holidays are days like: Thanksgiving (and the day after), Christmas, New Years, Spring Holiday (which always falls on Good Friday), and Memorial Day (we're usually finished with school by then). This school year though, I wanted to add Labor Day and Presidents day. It's made for a few short weeks in school, but I've quickly learned how to plan around that.

It will be an interesting week, in that it's our first with me still recuperating from surgery. The boys have been good about helping out. So, in theory, school should go well. Hubby has been very helpful and even decided what we're having for dinner tomorrow, so that I don't need to worry about it. Thankfully, a friend wanted to bring us another meal and I may be ready for it as I'm worn out.

The week ahead will still be busy. We'll be starting our co-op later this week, a doctor's appointment for me, and Scouts begins as well. Yikes, haven't even begun working on Thing One's new Webe shirt or brag vest. Got a lot of sewing to do. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it done in time.

I'll update the side bar, in a bit, with the books for the coming weeks. I'm finding it helpful because Thing Two, especially, likes having a picture of the book, for the cover of his lap book. Off to round up books, take a few photo's, and upload them.

Have a great homeschooling week (or regular school as the case may be) friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment