- Wind in the Willow by Kenneth Grahame
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien and others in the series
- Laura Ingalls Wilder series
- Shel Stevenstein's books ~ Where the Sidewalk Ends, A Light in the Attic, The Giving Tree, etc.
- Charlottes Web by E.B. White (throw in Trumpet of the Swan and Stuart Little if you want another series)
- Phantom Tollboth by Norton Jester
- Dr. Suess' highlights ~ Green Eggs and Ham seems to be the most common book with a sprinkling of others (our favorite is still "Go Dog Go" to quote and read)
Many include the Harry Potter Series, among other books. However, for me, the books I've mentioned seem more classics I want to expose my kids too. We have not been big readers in our household (parent driven here - I am still a recovering Dyslexic and it gets hard to read any book at times), but with the upcoming school year I'm hoping to add more time for parent lead reading time. These books I've posted are ones I don't feel by boys will be "too old" to sit and listen too".
With this, I bid you adu and happy reading!