pinterest-dd591.htm Oak Creek Academy: New Creation of the Day

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New Creation of the Day

Well, maybe not of the day as I actually worked on this last week. "THIS" is a lesson plan page, for a week, to fit into my Desk Planner. Here's what it looks like:

I've got one of those 7 ring, desk top, calendar/planner things. I've been wanting
to use it for everything ~ life, school, boys, etc. It's been a work in progress, as the
years have ticked on. Especially moving from public school to homeschool. A
few days ago, I finally figured out how to make a lesson plan for this size calendar.
Below is a closer look and I'll describe it more.

At the very top says "Week of" followed by "Student"
on the next line. I just couldn't fit more than one kid on
a page, so I tailored it for one and will print out on color
appropriate paper. In the the boxes are the following:
  1. The biggest box is for Unit Studies, which is our main focus. There is room to write a title at the top and then day specific items on the subsequent rows labeled M, T, W, T, F.
  2. There are four small boxes following. Most of the remaining subjects we study, at least for now, are similar to workbooks. Most of the time, I find that I'm writing out simply notes like MUS 22A and Video. I really don't need a lot of space for notes for Math, History, Grammar, and Spelling.
  3. At the bottom are a few lines for other things that come up or extra books we read.
  4. The one page takes up half of a 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper. When printing, I can get two weeks on the front, flip over and print again. Four weeks of lessons, for one child, on one sheet of paper.
So, there you have it, a small lesson plan sheet, for one child. These will be kept behind the month calendar.

I plan to rearrange some of my dividers for other things as well. One step at a time though and have made great progress thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment