pinterest-dd591.htm Oak Creek Academy: Resurrection Garden

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Resurrection Garden

Have you heard of these before? Have you seen them over on Pinterest?

     Thought it would be a good thing for Easter this year to make and seems easy enough to do.  The one I had seen here gave a good list to follow.  The one down fall was I didn't have a large, clay saucer and knew I didn't have dirt or grass seed.  Quick trip to Wal-mart to pick up supplies.  I was shocked that the saucer was over $6.50 dollars.  Bought it anyway and started looking around the house for alternatives and found one.  Also decided to use some larger, decorative rocks instead of the ones I picked up as well (two things to be returned now!).  Anyway, here's my take on the Resurrection Garden:

 Dirt and surprisingly the organic stuff was cheaper than plan old dirt!

 Mixed the compost with water to make mud!
Good day for a wanna be garden when one gets to play with dirt!
It even smelled good!

Small clay pot (I had several to choose from) and square, ceramic tray
I have from an old candle set.  This should do the trick.
I put aquarium gravel down and laid the pot down on it's side.
Next applied the wet dirt over most of the area.  Then sprinkled grass
seed all over the damp dirt.
 
 Between the opening of the pot and the corner I laid the decorative stones.

 Here is a top view of our Resurrection Garden.  There is grass seed on there.
Hope to take a photo, each day, to show the progression of grass growing.

 Well to truly celebrate the resurrection, there needs to be crosses.
Good thing we have wood skewers, twin, and Elmer's glue.  I actually
separated the length of twin to be 3 different pieces so that it wouldn't be
to thick when tying the two pieces together.  Then a spot of glue to help
hold it all together.

 These turned out fairly well, I think.
Probably won't put them in until Good Friday though.

Feel free to copy my idea or the one I linked.  Either way, take a look around your house to see what you have, no need to spend an arm and a leg for this.  It is more important to think of the cost that Jesus paid, for us.  We have truly been given the greatest gift in his death.  A simple acceptance of His suffering and death enables us to enter into eternity with Him.  Now that is true Grace!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment