pinterest-dd591.htm Oak Creek Academy: Home again, Home again

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Home again, Home again

We've been home from the HEAV Convention since this past Saturday. It was really enjoyable going, for several reasons:
  1. didn't feel obligated to stop at every vendor as we know our style of teaching, we know which books we'll be using etc.
  2. came to realize, that stopping by the Rainbow Resource booth, is shear madness. They can't bring everything, obviously, AND didn't have anything on my wish list. There is no incentive to buy during the convention, so I'll tweak my wish list (or combine it with some friends) to come up with $150.00 for free shipping and handling.
  3. we saw a number of friends we hadn't seen a while. Although not the best time to really catch up, it was nice to see them anyway.
  4. my husband and I had six meals together without our kids, without having to cook, and without having to clean up. Woo! Hoo!
  5. we sold a couple items at the Used Curriculum Sale. My big ticket item didn't sell, but that's okay.
  6. sitting in on some of the various sessions were just totally awesome. They got me excited about the coming year.
  7. being among people who like to home school as well.
So, as my summer vacation winds down, before we start our "Summer Session" I feel even more confident in hearing God's call upon my heart to bring our boys home.

No comments:

Post a Comment