pinterest-dd591.htm Oak Creek Academy: Almost Six Years in the Making

Friday, March 6, 2009

Almost Six Years in the Making

Yes, this simple Winnie the Pooh cross-stitch has taken me almost 6 years to complete. It was purchased around Memorial Day 2003 for Thing Two. I worked at it, regularly, for a short while, finishing off the honey pot and red shirt, but life intervened. Around April of 2007, I picked it up, once again, with the thought of finishing it, and started on Pooh's belly. I got about half way, in one direction, and stopped again. This time, picking up knitting as a hobby instead.

Well, about two weeks ago, or so, and in between knitting projects, I picked it up again. This time, I was determined to finish it, before Thing Two out grows all things Winnie the Pooh. This morning, thankfully, I finished the inner, light blue border and will have it framed in the near future. What a relief to have this finished.

I can now get back to my knitting with out this one project hanging over my head. Woo Hoo!!!!

P.S. Will blog about Williamsburg on another day. Should be interesting considering the wide range of weather we've experienced this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment