pinterest-dd591.htm Oak Creek Academy: Field Trip Excursion

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Field Trip Excursion

Today was a monumental day for me.  We (the boys and I) went into D.C. to look at a couple museums.  I'm not normally the one to go into the District on my own, so this was hugh for me.

Anyway, we have been reading "The Hickory Chair", from Five in a Row and the illustrator, Benny Andrews, has some of his works on display in various museums in New York, Georgia, Japan, and D.C.  I thought it would be a good opportunity to take the boys in and go to a couple.  I was quite happy when I found out that the Jim Henson display was still going on.  It was very easy to get to, via the Blue Line Metro.  The unfortunate part, there were signs everywhere stating no pictures.  However,


I took this one before I realized I wasn't suppose to!!

This was in the area where kids could create story boards.

The boys had a great time watching the video's of the various things Jim Henson has contributed to:  Sesame Street, Muppet Show, and Fraggle Rock.  There was an area that you could put on a puppet show and it was "televised" to another TV in the hall.  There where muppets on the wall that you could attach eyes, noses, eyebrows, or mouths.  And of course the usual, overpriced gift store.

All in all, it was a good experience riding the metro in, finding the museums, and getting home (until I couldn't find the exit, in the parking deck, that accepted credit cards.  Obviously I did as I am blogging about it now)!!

ETA:  actually changed a word so the sentence was correct.  Fortunately for me, my hubby was an English Major in College, so my lacking in Language Art skills is balanced with his need for a red pen.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment