pinterest-dd591.htm Oak Creek Academy: Husbands are . .

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Husbands are . .

. . . . what to you? A blessing, a friend, a lover, a soul mate, or some other thing when you just don't get along.

I have learned in the sixteen years that Kevin and I have been married that it isn't always easy to be married.  Some days it is just plan hard to be around each other.  It is those days that I am truly thankful that we made covenant before God, a promise to love one another through thick and thin.

Other days, it is just easy.  We just seem to be drawn to one another, like old times when it was all new!   Today I was struck by a few things that seem to make me thankful and glad we can stick out the rough patches.

I am thankful for:
  • him not worried about the egg shells drying on the counter top (great source of calcium for plants and helps to keep the slugs away)
  • celery drying on a plate
  • making dinner when I'd just rather sit and veg
  • a promise to gas up the van, so my day tomorrow is easier
  • understanding that our son is so much like me, he has a better understanding of him
Love you honey!!!!!!!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment