pinterest-dd591.htm Oak Creek Academy: Home made chocolate sauce = yummy!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Home made chocolate sauce = yummy!

Pinterest can be a very lovely thing! I have found a few homemade recipes, for various things, that have been winners and I RAVE about them.

Probably the best is the chocolate sauce I've been making for awhile.  Here is the link to the original sight that I got it from (by the way, REALLY like this sight, spend some time there!)  What I have done, to make it my own, is figure out how much I need to make to fill a quart mason jar.  It is 1 and 1/2 of the recipe.  Here's the quantities I follow:

Combine the following 3 items directly in pan:
2 1/4 cup  coco powder
1 cup + 2 T  sugar
1/8 t to 1/4 t salt (a dash plus a pinch)

Add 1 + 1/2 cup water and mix well

Heat to a boil, stirring occassionally. 
Once at a boil reduce heat to maintain a slow boil, stirring constinently for a minute.
Remove from heat
Add 1 1/2 t vanilla
Stir again and transfer to quart mason jar

I let this cool most of the way on the counter top, with lid off.  When mostly cool, I'll put lid on and keep in fridge.  Honestly no idea how long this will keep for, we use it to often to go bad.  Hope you'll give this a try, it really is good!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment