pinterest-dd591.htm Oak Creek Academy: Narnia

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Narnia

In just a few short days (9, but who is counting) we'll be beginning our first summer session of school.

A few days ago, I asked our boys what they'd like to do for a literature based unit study.  As we had done "Magicians Nephew" last summer, I gave the boys a choice; either reading "The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe" (LWW) or working through the remaining books in the series (and getting back to FIAR afterward).  It was a resounding, "Finish the series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  They were very excited about it.  After diving into the web and all thing Narnia, I admit, I am getting excited too. 

There is a lot if prepackaged unit studies, a lot of free unit studies, and a lot of tie in information as well.  So far, I've read through four chapters in LWW for vocabulary, tie in activities, and discussion questions.  I have tie ins to WWII, tea party, air raid shelters, and scripture.

I am looking forward to this part of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment