pinterest-dd591.htm Oak Creek Academy

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... it's dark, windy, and raining!  Already feels like a gloomy day.

I am thinking... how nice it would be if our 10 year old slept in in the morning.  He's been waking up early and LOVES to talk first thing in the morning.

I am thankful for... a descent nights sleep.

From the learning rooms...more on Christmas today.  Hope to get to the mad libs again today.  The boys seem to be enjoying Christmas School.

From the kitchen... no wonderful smells coming from that room, unfortunately.  A lot of dishes to be dealt with.  Want to help?

I am wearing...pajamas

I am creating... a manger for our nativity set.  I really need to spend some time and finish it up.  Have been "putzing" with yarn as well.  No particular pattern, just playing with scraps.  Need to create a more Christmas Festive header for this blog as well!

I am hoping... to get a lot done today.  Wasn't all that productive yesterday!

I am hearing... the wind whip rain against the house; our 10 year old playing with legos in front of the Christmas tree; sounds of the fridge working; clicking of the keys.  Quiet morning noises.  Lovely sounds!

Around the house... is so much to do.  For once I'm not panicked over it.  It'll get done when it gets done.

One of my favorite things...  is knitting (most know that I suppose).  I enjoy the challenge of new patterns, picking out yarns, running my fingers through the different styles of yarn while at the store, and the monotony of it - (at times, it's kind therapeutic how repetitive it can be).

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Seems that the remainder of the week is geared toward our kids.  Tae Kwon Doe, scouts, co-op, Quest Sold Out (5th and 6th grade youth group at our church).

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...the boys after doing well at their first Tae Kwon Doe tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment