pinterest-dd591.htm Oak Creek Academy: In less than 5 months . . .

Saturday, July 31, 2010

In less than 5 months . . .

. . . the Christmas rush will be over for the year! Does that make you feel any better?

I'm actually planning way ahead this year and thankful I'm doing so. School for December has been purchased. We're branching out from our Five in a Row studies and adding in some Amanda Bennett's Unit Studies. I am really looking forward to her Christmas Unit Study this year. I'd tried last year, to create my own, and it just didn't work as well as I would have liked.

What would Christmas planning be without a bit of sly planning on the parent part as well. Last night, during dinner, I began saying what I thought the boys would get in their stockings. The boys where kind if impressed that I "knew" what would be in them. They even started sharing what they thought would be in them. Here's the run down:

Thing One: little lego kit, chocolate, new water color set, other art supplies, possibly a small box of his favorite cereal

Thing Two: gum, bakugan, pokemon, small box of cereal, silly bands, trek deck bike, small jar of creamy peanut butter

The beauty of this conversation is that I'm able to understand what they'd like for Christmas and begin price shopping now (figure out regular price so if I see a sale price I can go ahead and buy it). Both were also gracious enough to suggest a big item as well. Fortunately, they didn't suggest a whole lot and we might be able to buy all they suggested. The last couple years I've been tye dying something as well. Will have to consider what to do this year. Also on the list, as we do every year, new pajamas to be given on Christmas Eve.

Do you read through any sort of Advent devotional? It's been on my heart to do some sort of devotional the last few years and am actively looking for one to do as a family. Last year we bought an Advent Wreath and plan buy the white candle for the center this year.

In blog reading/surfing the net the other day, I came across these cute holders for small packets of tissues. Basically, you cut a piece of felt that will wrap around the tissue,with the edges meeting. It should be long enough to sew a seam down each end. Then, with pinking shears or other cute scissors, trim the edge of the felt. Neat, simple, cheap, and quick! I could make a few of these in a short time.

There are many other crafts swirling through my head! Looking forward to carving out time to decorate my house with stuff I've made!

No comments:

Post a Comment