pinterest-dd591.htm Oak Creek Academy: School today

Monday, January 19, 2009

School today

started by reading Mailing May by Micheal O. Tunnel (I linked the title to Amazon, should you want to see more of the book). Of course, the boys picked up on tunnel and related it to a train tunnel. They found the book exciting and kind of cool.

In Volume 4 of Five in a Row, there are recipes with each story. For Mailing May, there are three recipes: Chicken Pot Pie, Apple Sauce, and Oatmeal Cookies. As I had a lot of apples, I thought today might be a good day to make the sauce. The boys loved the smell and looking at it as the apples cooked. When it was finished, I surprised them by letting them try it, warm, and with vanilla ice cream. A totally cool snack.

Of course, as I hadn't planned dinner yet, we'll be trying the Chicken Pot Pie. Gosh, now to figure out lunch?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment