pinterest-dd591.htm Oak Creek Academy: Thankfulness!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thankfulness!

A few months ago or so, our church had a Sunday morning Ladies Bible Study that went through "One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully" by Ann Voskamp.  What I have taken away from both her book and the Bible Study is that there are always things to be thankful for, things that we may overlook and not even pay attention to.  We should take the time to remember these little things and list them.  Lists of the good things God has provided us ~ little things, like butterfly kisses with our smelly, little boy, or the big things, like answers to prayers ~ are the things we need to remember.  These are the concrete things in life that help us walk through the hard times, the lonely times, the times we just can't seem to sense or feel God.

Well, I seem to go in spits and spurts for jotting these things down.  In the past, I'd troll my facebook status' and update the page I have on this blog.  It has been awhile since I've even done that.  Here are a few of the ones lately, mostly from this week that I am thankful for:
  • Vacation Bible School and the guys in my life being excited to go and learn or go and serve
  • being able to pinpoint why a part of me aches and fix it
  • having a husband who is able to work from home to allow me to volunteer, for long stretches of time, and not have to pay for a sitter or arrange a play date
  • going out for milkshakes
  • capturing precious moments with the phone camera (why is that one better than the "stand alone one"?)
  • quiet moments, at home alone, to get paperwork done
Will move this over to my "master list" in the next couple days.  Will also see what I can find from face book as well.  Wonder what number I'll be on then?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment