pinterest-dd591.htm Oak Creek Academy: American History

Sunday, February 17, 2013

American History

The more reviews I read about History textbooks, in general, the more I realize no one book or curriculum will cover it all, will have some kind of error, leave out facts, or offend some people group. I also want to cover a lot of the highlights in just one year, not two as a few I really liked did.

Feel like I am in a quandary. Do I continue to search or put a lot of effort into a subject that may only be used once in our home school career?

So for the time being, below is a link to a timeline that seems like a good place to start. I can find awesome read alouds, posters, video clips, audio clips, and for different parts of the time line. I'll see what I can do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_history

Below, is a quick example of what I might use as an outline. This is just one more item that needs to be fleshed out while doing my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment