pinterest-dd591.htm Oak Creek Academy: Day 3 of 5

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 3 of 5

We are partially through day 3 of year end testing.  Oldest has five more sections and youngest has seven sections.  Yes, that seems strange that a third grader would have more than a 6th grader, however Iowa Tests of Basic Skills (ITBS) has two extra sections at that level.  Thing One has already gone through it, now it is Thing Two's turn.

What I like about the tests this year, is that they are "corrected" and scores provided more quickly.  I believe I'll receive an email in two weeks instead of the 6 - 8 weeks in prior years.  Had I realized this last summer, I'm not sure I would have planned to end this early in May.  Will keep this info in mind as I schedule out next year!  80)

Anyhoot, I'm scrambling to pull together a fun thing for the boys before Friday!  If you've read prior posts, this one may ring a bell.  It is an activity list of a hundred fun things to do over the summer.  I've already printed this out, as well as a lined sheet of paper to write out what they did over the summer (this will be the last sheet of their book!)  I plan to create a few sheets for a quick and easy book report type thing, have some pages that they can water color on, pages to scrapbook if they want, pages to draw and sketch (nature study or short story).  I'll probably pull together a reading list of books I've found I'd like to go through.  Maybe a list of movies!  Really, options are limitless for this.

Will be interesting to see what the final product will be like!

No comments:

Post a Comment