Anyway, we've been reading number 45 "The Mystery of the Spiral Bridge" since yesterday. The boys and I got through a large number of chapters this afternoon and added a few more with Kevin this evening. We might just have the series finished before the end of the summer ~ all 58 of them!
Truths about the Hardy Boys:
- They don't age ~ they are still 17 and 18, even though there has been an obvious passage of a few years.
- Chet shows up in every book, hungry.
- Chet has a new hobby in every book.
- More often than not, someone gets knocked out by the second chapter (sometimes within the first few pages).
- There are always 20 chapters.
- Just about every chapter is a cliff hanger, except for 20 (obviously!).