Brown cooper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
. . . . .
Yup, you probably know what is coming next, "These are a few of my favorite things!"
It is getting to be that time of year, the time to plan ahead for Christmas. So here's some of my favorite things that will work for just about anyone:
- Autumn Hill Candles - we know the owners, Mike and Paula Kamorski. Great friends and they make an awesome product. I can not burn candles from anywhere else because of my allergies. Theirs are soy wax and cotton wicks; totally natural and burn clean. Scents the whole house wonderfully. Check them out, great people, great product, great company!!
- Duct Tape - need I say more. Great for crafting, filling a stocking, and good for repairs too.
- Water bottles - still trying to figure out which is the best bang for the buck, but makes for a great stocking "hog".
- Good Chocolate - this year it will be Dove or Cadbury most likely.
- Gift Cards - favorite stores and restaurantnts are always appreciated
- Cash - a universal gift
- Pajamas - a family tradition for Christmas Eve (may even find some for myself this year)
- Legos - we are still buying them and probably will for many years to come!
- Art Supplies
- Music Supplies - capos, tuners, strings, picks, etc.
- school (or team) spirit sweatshirt
- home made anything (tweaking many things as gifts ~ knit, bread, vanilla extract)
- buy local from small business; see Autumn Hill Candles, or honey (can hook you up there too), check out Etsy (know a few folks over there too!)
- replacement things that are stocking stuffer size ~ I am gathering my list for my own family
- favorite movies that you'd love to have in your line up. I'm thinking of "Elf", "White Christmas", "It's A Wonderful Life" as a pre-season gift; the weekend of Thanksgiving to get the season going.
- Look through the ABC Family Movie Line up to set up the DVR (okay, not a gift, more of a tradition)
- Some not so fun, but practical: new spinny tooth brush and hair brush for their stocking
- have had a request for a small jar of peanut butter and a chocolate bar
- favorite box of cereal that might be normally forbidden (if it isn't to unhealthy!)
- good quality kitchen gadgets