pinterest-dd591.htm Oak Creek Academy: 9-11 Twelve years after the attack

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9-11 Twelve years after the attack

It is hard not remember September 11, 2001. It started out as a normal fall day, cool and clear. Oldest was only 20 months old. We had a futon, at the time, and I'd taken it off the frame to vacuum well. Flipped on the Today show and was horrified at what I was seeing.

It was so hard to believe what was being seen. How could some few have so much hatred, in their heart as to hyjack four separate plains and attempt to fly them into four separate buildings.

Am reminded that I have a friend alive today, who worked at the Pentagon, because she had to make "just one more photo copy" at home.  That delay saved her life.  I found out, a few months later, that when my father worked at the Pentagon (he retired from the Army in 1985, so many years before, but work with me), his office was in the area hit.  While he worked, he was always one of the first in.  Knowing this, even well after the fact, sent chills up and down my spine.

Over on facebook, there are a couple tribute videos.  I thought they were well done.  Here are the links:

http://heavens-gates.com/silentnight911/

 http://heavens-gates.com/cryhardenough/

No comments:

Post a Comment