Thing Two and I hung out at home all day. Still getting over a major cold and didn't feel up to driving at all. Kevin played in all four services. Thing One came home from a camping trip and got to his laundry. Dinner and closing out the evening with a movie ~ War Games ~ yup from 1983! How things have changed in the computer world. The teens talk about their parents being old at 41! HA ~ Kevin and I are ancient then, at 48 and 43! To funny!
Just about ready to hit the hay and hit the ground running tomorrow!
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
It was so hard to believe what was being seen. How could some few have so much hatred, in their heart as to hyjack four separate plains and attempt to fly them into four separate buildings.
Am reminded that I have a friend alive today, who worked at the Pentagon, because she had to make "just one more photo copy" at home. That delay saved her life. I found out, a few months later, that when my father worked at the Pentagon (he retired from the Army in 1985, so many years before, but work with me), his office was in the area hit. While he worked, he was always one of the first in. Knowing this, even well after the fact, sent chills up and down my spine.
Over on facebook, there are a couple tribute videos. I thought they were well done. Here are the links:
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
I seem to go in spits and spurts when it comes to blogging. It's been 25 days since my last posts. Lots of life has happened! Here's a run down of things that has happened:
- Went to the National Aquarium in Washington, D.C.
- Scout went camping for a weekend
- Movie night up at church
- Botched night of friend coming over (our kid got icky feeling, friend went home early)
- Ladies Fall Kick-off at church ~ dressed up like a bee because it is good to "Beeee long"
- Baseball has begun
- Back into Tae Kwon Do as well
- Six days of school done in this time (21 days total, only 169 more to go)
- First baseball game played and won
- First Jr High & High school homeschool event
- Back to School picnic at the park
- Lots of therapy sessions
- camera bought & returned
- New Camera bought
- School Supplies bought
- Oil change in the van
- Lawn mowed a few times
- Bathroom almost finished
- More loads of laundry washed than I care to count
- Dishwasher run (almost daily it feels like!)